PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 to 30 minutes
YIELD: 2 servings
1 pound boneless chicken breasts, trimmed to 1 inch wide by 3 inches long 2 eggs
1 cup crushed pork rinds/cracklings
1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
2 tablespoons coconut oil Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the chicken fingers and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed pork rinds, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic salt (if using). Pour the mixture into a sealable plastic bag.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs. Dip each chicken finger into the eggs to coat.
- Add the egg-coated chicken fingers to the bag with the spice mixture. Seal and shake the bag to coat the chicken.
- Place the chicken fingers on the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired.