PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 4 to 6 pancakes (about 2 servings)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (at least 35% fat), plus more for topping (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon organic honey or erythritol
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, plus more for topping (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for topping (optional)
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, vanilla, and honey.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Pour in two or three tablespoons of batter to form pancakes about 3 inches in diameter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with whipped cream, butter, and/or cinnamon, if desired.