PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
1 tablespoon butter 1 clove garlic, minced 1 small onion, diced 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 teaspoon smoked paprika 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 1 pound ground chicken 3 eggs, beaten 4 large bell peppers, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the cooked meat mixture to a medium-sized bowl and slowly mix in the eggs.
- Lay each bell pepper half cut side up on the prepared baking sheet. Pour the meat and egg mixture into the bell peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for 60 minutes, until the peppers soften slightly.